- Louisiana Refinery HAZOP Study – Risk Management Professionals provided HAZOP/LOPA facilitation of a refinery sulfur complex.
- FPSO Deployed Offshore Scotland – Risk Management Professionals provided extensive, multi-year HAZOP facilitation and scribe support during the design stage of a floating production and storage offloading (FPSO) vessel, using parallel facilitator/scribe teams to meet schedules.
- Onshore/Offshore Petroleum and Gas Production/Processing in the Caspian Sea and Azerbaijan – Risk Management Professionals facilitated HAZOP/LOPA for a large design effort in the Engineering Contractor’s offices in London for a strategically-important expansion effort in the Baku area. Risk Management Professionals received written acknowledgment from the Owner/Operator for the facilitation efforts which allowed project schedules to be maintained and precipitated many important design changes.
- Turnaround Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) Support – Risk Management Professionals has stationed up to two of our engineers on-site at a refinery in the state of New Mexico (USA) providing on-demand PHA facilitation support of Management-of-Change (MOC) efforts to address tight scheduler needs during turnaround.
- Cogeneration Facilities Program Development Support – Risk Management Professionals provided CalARP/CAPP/RMP/PSM Program development support to multiple facilities in California and Nevada. The scope of work consisted of entire program development, including facilitation of the PHAs/Hazard Reviews required for newly-developed facilities, development of SOPs, reviewing and documenting maintenance procedures, evaluating RAGAGEP applications, and conducting dispersion modeling for off-site consequence analyses (OCAs).
- Metal Finishing/Electroplating Facilities CalARP Support – Risk Management Professionals provided CalARP Program development and support to several metal finishing and electroplating facilities in Southern California, including Hazard Assessments/OCAs and regulatory submittals, dispersion modeling, and development of related documentation.
- Pharmaceutical Facility CalARP Program Development Support – Risk Management Professionals was responsible for the development of P&IDs and a new CalARP Program Level 2 Compliance Workbook for a facility which utilizes piperidine and hydrofluoric acid.
- Ammonia Refrigeration Facilities CalARP/RMP/PSM Support – Risk Management Professionals provided CalARP/RMP/PSM Program services for several ammonia refrigeration facilities including cold storage, ice cream manufacturing, wineries, produce storage, beverage bottling, and food manufacturing. Risk Management Professionals’ team was responsible for assessing the client’s process safety needs and providing guidance, conducting 5-Year Updates, facilitating PHAs/HRs, and completing CalARP/RMP/PSM Program developments (which include submittals; updating and developing CalARP/RMP/PSM documentation per regulations; conducting and assisting with Triennial Compliance Audits; providing training on CalARP/RMP/PSM programs; and providing support for high pressure receiver replacement).
- Agricultural Industry Documentation Updates – Risk Management Professionals assisted a fertilizer company in developing program documentation to meet CalARP/RMP/PSM requirements. Risk Management Professionals was responsible for updating documentation for several Program 1 and Program 3 facilities throughout California and Washington (including Hazard Assessment updates, CalARP/RMP submittals, and general program support). The chemicals utilized at the facilities included anhydrous and aqueous ammonia.